2021-22

 

 

 Sr Gracy Monica BS
Superior

 


As per 2018-2019

As per 2017-18

Sr M Agnes Mary BS- Superior

As per 2016-17

 

Sr Roselyta - Superior

 

St Raymond's Convent, Vamanjoor

 

Vamanjoor Community

 

Name of the convent        : St Raymond’s Convent, Vamanjoor

Year of establishment        : 1976

Pioneer sisters             : Sr Louis BS  (Superior)

Pioneer members:

1.    Sr M Afflicta BS
2.    Sr M Florita BS
3.    Sr M Genevira BS
4.    Sr M Alphonsine BS

St Raymond’s Convent is located in the serene, scenic hillock near Vamanjoor, surrounded by St Joseph the Worker Church, Sisters of Queen of the Apostles, St Joseph Engineering College and many other institutions. The house site, 9.87 Acres in extent, is at the junction of 3 villages- Kudupu, Thiruvailu and Bondanthila. To any onlooker it will be a great surprise to see the developments in Vamanjoor in the past few decades. The small cottage that was built by Fr Founder, Mgr RFC Mascarenhas, has turned into the Province Head Quarters. Great was the dream of Mgr RFC Mascarenhas for Vamanjoor. The parched bleak land of Vamanjoor has become the top soil for many institutions and prosperity.

Dr Paul Fernandes, a generous friend of the Founder of Bethany, offered him 4.5 acres of land which is on the National Highway 13, on 22nd January, 1942 as a gift. He donated that land on condition that a small health resort be started for Bethany Sisters who were ailing from Tuberculosis. The sanatorium at Rosa Mystica had to be closed down due to objections raised by the District Health Officer. Feeling the urgent need of the hour, Mother Martha requested the Bishop to bless the humble project of Bethany Congregation at Vamanjoor and the foundation was laid on 23rd of January 1945, on the 70th Birthday of Fr Founder.

The Canonical erection of the community took place on 1st August, 1976 with Sr Louise as the first Superior. The other four sisters who joined her were Sr Veronica, Sr Afflicta, Sr Genevira and Sr Alphonsine. The convent was named after the patron saint of Fr Founder St Raymond of Penyafort. It became the Regional Head Quarters for Mangalore region. The Regional Superiors were: Sr Honoratha, Sr Noreen and Sr Theresine. From 1980 Sr Theresine, the third Regional Superior resided here. She was the Regional Superior of the Mangalore-Southern Region consisting of Mangalore, Kerala and Tamilnadu units. In 1986, a new block was constructed for the elderly retired Sisters of the Province. The first floor of this building was set apart for the Head Quarters of the Province.  Thus from 1st June 1986 onwards it became the Headquarters of Mangalore Province with Sr Virginia B.S as the first Provincial Superior.

The Sisters spend long hours before the Blessed Sacrament praying for the Church and the Congregation. The band of St Raymond is animated by Sr Roselyta. At present there are 33 Sisters in the community involved in different ministries viz., pastoral, educational, social work, care of the elderly, teaching catechism, animating the Small Christian Community and prayer ministry. In the parish, Sisters are involved actively and they carry forward the mission of Jesus.

                 
The list of the superiors who served the convent;

01.    Sr Poma
02.    Sr M Macra BS
03.    Sr M Inviolata BS
04.    Sr M Felcine BS
05.    Sr M Clarita BS
06.    Sr M Leonita BS
07.    Sr M Edna BS
08.    Sr M Michelle BS
09.    Sr M Mariola BS
10.    Sr M Amitha BS

 
Present Superior: Sr M Roselyta BS

Address:

St Raymonds Convent
Vamanjoor Post
Mangalore D.K- 575028
 
E-Mail address:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Phone No: 0824/2262072

 

Copyright © 2013 - www.bethanymangaloreprovince.org. Powered by eCreators

Home | About Us | News | Sitemap | Contact